Root Causes of Relationship Problems
IntroductionAccording to a report titled “The Happiness Index: Love and Relationships in America,” the majority of Americans (64 percent) report being happy in their relationships. What about the other 36 percent, though? For those who are struggling with relationship problems or marriage problems, it’s important to understand the root causes of these issues. Answered below are
Staging an Intervention for an Addict
IntroductionAccording to a report from the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, 95 percent of those who are struggling with a substance abuse issue are unaware that it’s a problem. In many cases, a person needs to hear from a close friend, family member, or other loved one before they realize the seriousness of
ADHD: What Is It & Do I Have It?
IntroductionAccording to the Centers for Disease Control, approximately 6.1 million children in the United States have been diagnosed with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (or ADHD). This report published in the American Journal of Psychiatry shows that roughly 4.4 percent of American adults struggle with this condition as well. ADHD is confusing, and there’s a lot of misinformation circulating
Mental Health Jargon: A Glossary
IntroductionMental health jargon and Medical Jargon can be difficult to understand. We understand that without proper information, you cannot fully understand what is going on. Below is a list of Abbreviations, and then a Glossary of terms, to help explain some of the jargon in a way that is not so jargony.Abbreviations ExplainedBelow is a list
How to Become a Professional Counselor: The Ultimate Guide
IntroductionAlthough the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that there are hundreds of thousands of counselors working in the U.S., there’s still a shortage of professionals who are qualified to treat conditions like anxiety and depression. According to the American Psychological Association, nearly one-third of therapists are seeing more patients than ever. They’re even turning patients away
What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)?
IntroductionAccording to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America, approximately 1 percent of adults in the U.S. (roughly 2.2 million people) have been diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (or OCD). Many are familiar with or have heard of OCD, but there are still a lot of misconceptions about this condition. Some of the most frequently asked questions